You may struggle with wanting curves, but your straight body line is coveted by most models because you can wear pretty much anything!
Celebrity body look-a-likes: Natalie Portman, Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow and Nicole Kidman.
Key Takeaway: We want to help create the illusion of curves.
DISCLAIMER: You can honestly wear whatever makes you feel beautiful and confident in! These are just basic guidelines to what is usually the most flattering for a rectangle shape. Don’t forget though: you do you boo!
- Fitted blazers define the waist and create curves
- You can play around with flowy tops and embellishments along the bust line to add volume
- Blouses are made for you, they create the feminine aspect with their flowy tops and will be easy to fit on your body since they don’t usually have a lot of stretch in them
- Avoid vertical strips as the will only enhance the illusion of a straight body line
- Square necklines are not going to be the most flattering for you
- Fitted tops, unless you have a voluminous bottom skirt/pants to add shape to the body line
- Peplum skirts! They do the work for you on creating curves
- Big back pockets
- Skinny jeans! You can play with texture too such as leather pants
- Straight skirts
- Oversized wide legged pants
- baggy styles that have no shape
- Scooped neck wrap dresses that define the waistline and then flow away from the body will help create curves
- Two pieces such as a crop top and pencil skirt will really help break up the body line and give the illusion of more curves
- Ruched flowy dresses are also going to work in your favor
- Body cons or tube like dresses
- T shirt/sweater type dresses
Was this your body shape? What other tips do you have for a rectangle shaped body?